Ideas and thoughts

Coordinator
Nov 19, 2007 at 4:48 PM
Here you can put all your ideas, thoughts on improving the OpenXML API
May 21, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Good stuff Mozzy. You have created a nice base that people can work from. I am surprised no one has posted or shown much interest in this since it's creation. I have just started using it today and it has saved me a lot of time creating this structure. The only complaint I have is that you built it with a dependency on PEARS. My platform doesn't have pears so I re-wrote the save portion of the WordDocument class to use ZipArchive which is a pre-packaged extension for PHP and only requires enabling. With a couple extra minutes of work it could be made to auto-detect if the PEARS library exists or the extension exists and use either.

I'll post any changes I have made in new discussions for now, I don't want to muck your source code up (even though it hasn't been touched in a while).

May 28, 2009 at 1:26 PM

Mozzy, this is something I've been looking for but I notice there hasn't been much activity... are you still working on this?

I have a suggestion regarding document manipulation.  A search & replace function would be pretty cool to have.

Coordinator
Jun 3, 2009 at 12:09 PM

Hey guys,

I'm sorry I don't have time anymore to keep up with the project. If you like to I'll invite you to be part of the team?